This intensive two day course will give you the experience to use Yoga and Mindfulness therapeutically to benefit Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and ADD/ADHD.
It assists you to develop the confidence to effectively plan and sequence one-to-one and group Yoga and Mindfulness sessions that lead to increased wellbeing for this population. It will also allow you to bring the benefits of Yoga and Mindfulness into your own daily life.
The course is conceived and taught by Jo Manuel whose work and practice has reached and touched thousands of children with special needs. Having taught and practiced Therapeutic Yoga for children with special needs since 2001, Jo shares her vast experience with her students in a very accessible and practical way throughout the course.
Jo Manuel is the UK’s leading practitioner and Teacher Trainer in Therapeutic Yoga for children with special needs since 2001. She has worked extensively with children and adolescents on the autistic spectrum and with ADHD.
This course is the result of her continued commitment to share the long-term holistic benefits of Yoga and Mindfulness for children and young adults with autism and ADHD.
– Using Yoga and Mindfulness to bring the physical and emotional body into balance
– How Yoga and Mindfulness can be used to restore health and well-being
– The use of Yoga as a daily ‘sensory diet’
– Planning and sequencing for 1:1 and group Yoga classes
– Understanding how Yoga works for these populations by bringing together ancient wisdom with current neuroscientific findings
– Developing the tools to enable delivery of Yoga Therapy
– How to balance the child’s nervous system
Read more Read less
When Monday, 13 June 2016 at 10:00 - Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 18:00 (BST) - Add to Calendar Where SENsations Child and Family Wellbeing Centre - SENsations Learning Support, Montgomery Road, Belfast Unit 1, 38 Montgomery Road, Belfast, BT6 9HL - View Map