Hello and welcome to SENsations Learning Support!
SENsations is a not-for-profit company based in East Belfast. We provide independent education support services for children and young people, at a fraction of the cost of other "private" providers. The team at SENsations is comprised of:
- Educational Psychologists
- Behaviour Therapists
- Speech & Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapist & Sensory Integration Therapist
- Specialist Teachers & Classroom Assistants
We work with children, young people and adults who can come from all types of backgrounds and schools. The team are experienced, professional and friendly; and we provide a range of services for children, families and schools:
- Educational Psychology Assessments
- Multi-disciplinary Autism Diagnostic Assessment, and assessment for ADHD
- 1:1 and small group therapeutic interventions (for behaviour, anxiety or anger management)
- Recreation and leisure activities for children and young people with SEN
- Independent special school (Sensations Nest)
- Parent and Staff Training Sessions
- Whole school support
Please have a look through the site to find out more about how we can help you or your child, and remember to check back regularly for new services and events as they arise.
If you have a question or comment please do get in touch! Thank you for visiting SENsations Learning Support!
As with all businesses and services, we are hugely impacted by the ongoing pandemic.
This is a fluid situation, and we may need to rearrange appointments at short notice.
Where possible, we are carrying out parent work via telephone/online. Some face- to-face assessments with children are being carried out, if appropriate and safe (exclusions apply).
When in our centre, temperatures will be taken, along with contact tracing information. Adults are asked to where masks (if this is not possible, parent work must be carried out remotely). Hand sanitization will be requested at intervals during your time in the centre; and all seating, assessment materials and high-touch areas are disinfected before and after each visitor. Refusal or inability to comply with our COVID precautions will result in appointments being paused or cancelled.
Please have patience with our staff team, as we are all experiencing pressures related to the pandemic (such as home-schooling) and therefore our normal timescales may be exceeded in relation to reports and follow up phone calls and emails.